Distinctive bike stolen from Letchworth shed
- Credit: Archant
A distinctive bike has been stolen from a shed in Letchworth.
Police are appealing for information after three shed burglaries in Icknield Way in the space of 24 hours.
A men’s Scott racing bike with white handlebars was taken between 10pm on Tuesday and 7am on Wednesday when the door of a shed was forced open.
Between 4pm on Tuesday and 9am on Wednesday a second shed was broken into, but nothing was stolen.
A saw – which has since been found by police – was allegedly stolen from a shed between 3pm on Tuesday and 7.15am on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Anthony Desmidt, who is of no fixed address, has been charged with handling stolen goods in connection with the shed burglary where a saw was stolen.
The 20-year-old appeared at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on Thursday and was bailed to appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on July 6.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
Investigating officer Det Con Kate Raine said: “The bicycle stolen is very distinctive and anyone who has been offered it for sale or has seen it would likely remember.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Raine via the police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.