Which Hitchin restaurants and cafés are taking part in new Eat Out discount scheme?
PUBLISHED: 12:33 03 August 2020 | UPDATED: 15:59 10 August 2020
©2018 Danny Loo Photography - all rights reserved
The list of restaurants, pubs and cafés in and around Hitchin that have signed up for the Eat Out to Help Out discount has been updated – as the scheme launches today.
The new scheme, which begins today, was announced by the government last month.
Eat Out to Help Out will allow customers to get 50 per cent off food and non-alchoholic drinks, up to a value of £10 per person when eating or drinking in an establishment.
Now, the list of participating restaurants, cafés and pubs in our area has been released by the government and are listed as follows:
• Bar Azita, Bucklersbury.
• Osinsky’s, Market Place.
• Halsey’s Deli and Eatery, Market Place.
• Chia Naturally Healthy, Market Place.
• Los Reyes, Bucklersbury.
• North Herts Museum, Brand Street.
• Deroka, Sun Street.
• The Groundworks, Churchyard.
• Chilli B’s, Bucklersbury.
• Lussmanns, Sun Street.
• Kite at The Red Hart, Bucklersbury.
• Payitaht, Bancroft.
• Raj Douth Tandoori Cuisine, Hermitage Road.
• Kushma Cottage, Walsworth Road.
• The Albert Inn, Walsworth Road.
• Fussey & Baer, High Street.
• Regent Cottage, High Street.
• Mevan Ocakbasi, Sun Street.
You may also want to watch:
• Costa Cofffe, Bancroft.
• Bridge Street Bistro, Bridge St.
• Hitchin Café, Hermitage Road.
• Hermitage Road Bar and Restaurant, Hermitage Rd.
• Taste Buds, Bancroft.
• The Highlander, Upper Tilehouse St.
• Mint Leaf, Bancroft.
• Radcliffe Arms, Walsworth Rd.
• Indian Hitchin, Ninesprings Way.
• The Bull, Gosmore
• The Old George Ickleford, Arlesey Road.
• Plumes of Feathers, Ickleford.
• Hitchin Garden Centre, Cambridge Road.
• The Green Man, Great Wymondley.
• Motte & Bailey, Pirton.
• Waggon and Horses, Graveley.
• The Rising Sun, Weston.
• The Cricketers, Weston.
McMullen, Fullers and Greene King-run pubs have also signed up.
The scheme only applies on Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays between August, 3 and August 31.
You won’t need to present a voucher to use the scheme, and it can be used in conjunction with other offers and discounts.
Big chains, including Starbucks, Morrisons, Wetherspoon, Pizza Hut and Caffe Nero, have also signed up to Eat Out to Help Out.
You can check their individual websites for details on participating stores.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Comet. Click the link in the orange box above for details.