Disabled woman suffers assault ordeal
THIS is the face of a despicable man who sexually assaulted a disabled woman in her motorised wheelchair after trying to rob her. Detectives hunting the man have issued this e-fit likeness of him. He struck on Thursday, April 27 at 4.40pm in the underpa
THIS is the face of a "despicable" man who sexually assaulted a disabled woman in her motorised wheelchair after trying to rob her.
Detectives hunting the man have issued this e-fit likeness of him.
He struck on Thursday, April 27 at 4.40pm in the underpass which goes under St George's Way between Park Place and Town Gardens in Stevenage.
The offender approached the victim, who is in her early 60s, and blocked her way.
You may also want to watch:
He then demanded money and a mobile phone. When the victim said she had neither he sexually assaulted her before fleeing.
Dc Mark Dunford, who is investigating the incident, said: "This was a very unpleasant assault on a defenceless, disabled lady who has been left extremely traumatised and in shock. This offender is despicable and needs to be caught as soon as possible."
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
The man is described as being in his mid 20s, about 5ft 4in tall with olive skin. He is of thin build with short jet black hair and smelt strongly of cigarettes.
Anyone who recognises the man or has any information in relation to the incident is asked to contact Dc Dunford on 01438 757044.