Dino Maamria is the new Southport manager
- Credit: Archant
Former Stevenage player and assistant boss Dino Maamria has been named manager of National League Southport.
Maamria, who left his role with Stevenage during the summer along with boss Graham Westley, is a former Southport player and will be looking to lift the side 22nd in the table out of the relegation zone.
He told www.southportfc.net: “I am very grateful to the chairman on giving me the opportunity to manage this great club.
“Obviously the short term is to get to know the players and to prepare to win matches starting on Saturday.
“I am aiming to build the club in the longer term and to take it to a better place.
You may also want to watch:
“I want everyone to enjoy it and let’s set off on an exciting journey, this club has tremendous potential. It is great to be back.”
The Tunisian’s first game in charge will be on Saturday at Welling.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn