Dino Maamria hoping to keep Steve Seddon as Stevenage boss outlines January transfer plans
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Stevenage boss Dino Maamria wants to keep Steve Seddon at the club with his loan deal set to come to an end.
The 21-year-old full-back has impressed at The Lamex Stadium after joining from Birmingham City, but following Boro’s 2-1 win over Crawley Town on Saturday, Maamria confirmed that he may be returning to his parent club.
“It may be his last game,” he said.
“We’ve done what we can as a football club to keep Steve.
“That’s the thing with loan players and that’s why I’m not big on loans at the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been fantastic for us. We are trying to keep him, the chairman has been fantastic in his backing to try and keep him.”
Moses Makasi became Maamria’s first January signing after he moved on-loan from West Ham United on Thursday, but the club will have to move players on before they can bring anyone else in according to the Boro boss.
- 1 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 4 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Road closed between Stevenage and Watton due to floods
- 7 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 8 Council warns of 'extremely high infection rate' in Stevenage ward
- 9 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 10 Sir Keir Starmer pays tribute to NHS staff after vaccine centre visit
“Two loan players came back in Joe Martin and Johnny Goddard, they put us over budget those two players,” said Maamria.
“Unfortunately, they need to move before there can be any movement.
“I know some clubs who might give us a player for nothing but we are looking.
“We don’t just want to get anyone as we have a good dressing room here. If I bring someone in I’ve got to make sure they are the right character for the dressing room.”