Did you witness Stevenage kidnap?
A WOMAN has been allegedly kidnapped and driven miles up the motorway, after being forced into a car near the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
The Asian woman, in her 20s, was driven to Nottingham in a blue BMW, registration EO03 VYC.
She attempted to flag down help from passers-by in an industrial area of the city, but the offender convinced the potential rescuers everything was fine.
She was taken at around 6pm on Friday, November 16, arriving in Nottingham a few hours later, before being returned uninjured to Stevenage at around midnight.
Yesterday, (Wednesday) detectives appealed to the public to come forward, if they witnessed the incident.
Dc Emma Landucci said: “We’re appealing to anyone who thinks they may have seen or spoken to the man and woman at the time to contact me.”
Anyone with information about the incident should call Dc Landucci on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
• A 27-year-old man from Stevenage has been arrested on suspicion of kidnap and released on bail while investigations continue.