Did you see man on bike snatch handbag in Stevenage? Police link similar incidents
- Credit: Archant
A woman walking through Stevenage had her handbag snatched by a man on a bike on Tuesday – and police are linking the crime to a similar incident three weeks earlier.
Tuesday’s incident happened between 5.30pm and 5.40pm when the victim, a woman in her 40s, was walking along Fairlands Way towards Popple Way.
A man on a bicycle – described as wearing dark clothing, jeans and possibly a dark hat or hood – then rode up, grabbed her bag and rode off towards Popple Way.
Officers are linking the offence to a similar crime on Wednesday, January 11, at about 2pm, in Chells Way.
At that time a woman in her 40s was walking along Chells Way when a man on a bicycle approached from behind, snatched her handbag and rode off. The woman was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
The offender in that case is described as a white man, wearing dark clothing with a hoodie and a scarf covering part of his face.
Anyone who witnessed or has information about either incident should call police on 101, quoting the relevant crime reference number:
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
• Fairlands Way on Tuesday, January 31 – E1/17/810
• Chells Way on Wednesday, January 11 – E1/17/375
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.