Diamond wedding couples join together in Letchworth ceremony
COUPLES celebrating 60 years of marriage have taken part in a special ceremony to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Eighteen married couples who have reached the milestone this year had the chance to renew their vows yesterday (Tuesday) in front of family and friends, before enjoying a free buffet lunch.
The Comet teamed up with independent celebrant Janice Cubis and Hertfordshire buffet business eatlunch to organise the occasion, which was held at The Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth GC.
Dennis Hill and his wife Stella from Stevenage were one of the couples who attended the event.
Mrs Hill, who was also celebrating her birthday on the day, said: “We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We met friends we used to dance with in previous years and my husband met people he worked with. It was just a nice convival afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth GC residents Pat and Dennis Clark were joined on the day by two of their bridesmaids from their wedding 60 years ago.
Mr Clark said: “It was really pleasing how it turned out and I thought it was very well organised. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 4 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
John Lewis, chief executive of the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation, added: “We were happy that the Spirella Ballroom was chosen as the venue to host this remarkable ceremony. On behalf of the Heritage Foundation I would like to congratulate all the couples celebrating their own diamond wedding anniversaries.”