Determined Twin Town riders take part in Stevenage Cycling Touring Club’s Sunday ride – as they look for your support to raise £100,000 Lister target
- Credit: Archant
Twin Towns’ riders set to cycle 1,000 kilometres next summer to raise £100,000 for the Lister Hospital took part in the Stevenage Cycling Touring Club’s End of Summer Ride on Sunday.
The determined group of cyclists plan to ride to Stevenage’s twin towns in France and Germany next June to raise a six-figure sum for the hospital.
A spokesman said of Sunday’s ride: “It was a good solid start”.
The group plan to ride from the hospital to the port of Harwich, then from Holland onto Stevenage’s twin towns of Ingleheim near Frankfurt in Germany, and then Autun in the Burgundy region of France.
Captain Steve Watkins – along with Adrian Morris, Ben Austin, Darren Heath, Graham Hoare, Neil Trebble, Peter van Poelgeest, Peter White, Stephen Hibberd, Steve Clarkson and the Comet’s Damion Roberts and Layth Yousif – will be taking on the nine-day route from June 9 to June 18.
You may also want to watch:
The group have already raised an impressive £1,300 within days of launching their campaign – but the lads require much more so if you’re a local business interested in helping, or want to discuss fundraising opportunities, or even if you want to join the first leg of their adventure from Stevenage to Harwich email email@example.com.
On Saturday, November 26, it’s the Stevenage-Ingleheim-Autun association quiz night to be held at Stevenage Scout Hall, Poplars Centre from 7.15pm.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
Tickets cost £6, and you are warmly invited to bring a bottle.
To book your table email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01438 312000 to find out more.
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/twintowns1000.