Detectives reveal clues to murdered man after severed leg examined
DETECTIVES investigating the discovery of a body part which was found by the A507 near Cottered on Sunday today released further information following further examination of the limb.The results have revealed that the leg, which was found in a green hol
DETECTIVES investigating the discovery of a body part which was found by the A507 near Cottered on Sunday today released further information following further examination of the limb.
The results have revealed that the leg, which was found in a green holdall, comes from an adult man, who is believed to be between 5ft 6ins and 5 ft 10ins tall. His shoe size is believed to be between a 7 and a 9. He also has a skin condition which has caused discolouration in the pigmentation of the skin around the ankle. There is a further skin condition on the lower leg causing the skin to 'scale'.
His ethnicity is still unconfirmed but believed White or Asian.
A full DNA profile has been obtained and is not matched on the National DNA Database.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that the holdall containing the leg was deposited at the scene on either Saturday, March 21 or early Sunday March, 22.
Detective Chief Inspector Michael Hanlon, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit who is leading the investigation said: "We are following a number of lines of enquiry and continue to check records of reported missing people.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
"Whilst we are meticulously working through missing person reports we would especially like to hear from anyone who has a friend, relative or acquaintance missing that may fit the above description.
"I would like to make an appeal to anyone who was in the area where the leg was found on Saturday or Sunday, and believes they may have any information which could assist our investigation to contact us. Any piece of information, no matter how small, could prove vital to our investigation."
People can contact the incident room on 01707 354432 or, if they wish to give information anonymously, can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, on 0800 555 111.