Demolition for historic barn
COUNCILLORS are angry about not being consulted on designs for a children s home. Plans to build the home on Weston Way, Baldock, got the go ahead from Herts County Council last week. But members of the district council s Baldock area committee were not c
COUNCILLORS are angry about not being consulted on designs for a children's home.
Plans to build the home on Weston Way, Baldock, got the go ahead from Herts County Council last week.
But members of the district council's Baldock area committee were not consulted in the matter.
And at its meeting on Monday the district council planning officer also showed concern for the design and construction of the home.
You may also want to watch:
The committee was incensed that it had not been consulted regarding demolishing one of the last historical barns in the town to build a children's home.
And it proposed to write a letter expressing its views.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Baldock councillor Ian Knighton said: "It's already got outline planning permission because the county council owns the land.
"The normal practice is to ask for comments. The planning officer had a letter to say they would do that, but they've ignored it.
He added: "The planning officer is very unhappy about the construction and how it will be built.
"We may well be saddled with a building that's inappropriate and won't sit in with the surroundings.
"We feel the way they've gone about this is out of order, it should have come to us for consultation.