Delays to First Capital Connect rail services after man struck by train near Royston
TRAIN services have been disrupted today after a man was struck by a train near Royston railway station. The incident occurred at about 10.40am this morning, and involved the 10.20am Cambridge to London King s Cross service. A spokesman for British Transp
TRAIN services have been disrupted today after a man was struck by a train near Royston railway station.
The incident occurred at about 10.40am this morning, and involved the 10.20am Cambridge to London King's Cross service.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "Officers attended the railway line at Royston railway station after a report that a man had been struck by a train.
"Paramedics from Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
"The incident is being treated as non-suspicious."
A spokesman for train operator First Capital Connect said the line was closed following the incident, but re-opened at about 12.15pm.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
He said he expects there to be residual delays throughout the afternoon, but rush-hour services to stations such as Letchworth and Baldock should not be affected.