Debenhams Stevenage will open in August and is creating 80 jobs
- Credit: Archant
The hotly-anticipated Stevenage Debenhams store will open in August and create 80 jobs, the Comet can reveal.
Work on building the two-storey 80,000 sq ft department store on the Roaring Meg Retail Park began in April 2015 and the multi-million pound development will open ahead of its October 2017 prediction.
The retailer is currently fitting out the inside of the store, which is located on the former Toys R Us site, and is recruiting a team of 80 people from the area.
Newly-appointed manager, Gail Chandler, said: “We’ve had a fantastic response to the recruitment drive so far, with lots of interest in the careers on offer.
“Those who are successful and chosen to work at our Stevenage store will receive five weeks’ introductory training, in addition to continual development throughout their career, to ensure they are developed to their full potential.
You may also want to watch:
“The team and I can’t wait to open our doors in August, and look forward to welcoming the Stevenage community into store.”
Debenhams Stevenage will be a part of the new plaza that has been created at the Roaring Meg, which will provide a promotional and community space which local groups will be invited to use.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
If you are interested in applying for a role at the Stevenage store, visit http://debenhams-careers.com/join