Death of man found next to Letchworth church ‘unexplained but not suspicious’, say police
- Credit: Archant
The death of a man whose body was found next to a Letchworth church at the weekend is “unexplained but not suspicious”, police have said.
The man’s body was discovered near St Paul’s Church in Pixmore Way, next to the junction with Baldock Road, on Saturday morning.
Police told the Comet that they were called to the scene by the ambulance service just after 9.20am.
A force spokeswoman said today: “The death is being treated as unexplained but not suspicious, and a file is being prepared for the coroner.”
She added that the man’s next of kin have now been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The diocese confirmed to the Comet on Saturday that, sadly, a man’s body had been found near St Paul’s Church that morning.
A spokesman said: “Police and the coroner attended the scene. Rev Amanda Ferris and her churchwardens also attended and offered prayers for the deceased, his family and those nearby who were affected by the discovery.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
“The church is co-operating fully with the police and stands ready to offer pastoral support and comfort to the deceased’s relatives.
“The matter is in the hands of the authorities and the church will make no further comment.”