Deadline day nears if you want to make a nomination for Stevenage community award
- Credit: Archant
The deadline is ticking if you want to put someone forward for a coveted Stevenage community award.
The Campbell Younge Award, which will be presented later this month, recognises and honours the positive effect people have in making Stevenage a better place.
Kate Belinis, who chairs the Stevenage World Forum, said: “If you’ve been inspired by somebody’s work in the community, this is your chance to give them the recognition they deserve. Send in your nominations and let them know just how important their contribution is.”
The award was created in honour of Reba Younge and Albert Campbell, two people who dedicated their lives to helping minority ethnic communities in Stevenage and the wider community.
Nominations must be received by Friday, October 17, but they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.worldforum.org.uk
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan