Day of off-road cycle races returns to Letchworth’s Standalone Farm
- Credit: Archant
A day of off-road cycle races for children and adults is returning to Standalone Farm tomorrow with hundreds of riders expected to battle hills and mud on a testing course.
Hitchin Nomads’ inaugural event – which takes place alongside The Greenway – at the farm attracted 270 riders and their return promises a similarly fun and thrilling event.
Organiser Simon Young of Hitchin Nomads said: “Last season’s event was new to the Central Cyclo-Cross League calendar and the course surprised a lot of riders.
“The consensus was Standalone Farm is a great venue for this event so we’re doing it all again.
“Anyone can enter as races are open to everyone from under 10s to over 50s with a novice category for anyone wanting to try ‘cross’ out for the first time.”
You may also want to watch:
Venues manager Jason Valentine said: “It was a really exciting event last winter and we’re looking forward to having them back.
“We are happy to host special events on the farm as it’s such a great venue.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
Races start at 10am and finish with the finale at 2.15pm.
For race costs visit www.hitchinnomads.cc.