David Cox: Trust People Politics - Vote for yourself
Imagine yourself being a Member of Parliament, debating and voting on laws that affect you, your family and your community. Doesn’t that make you feel empowered? Now imagine that your best mate said “Look you’re not really clever enough
Imagine yourself being a Member of Parliament, debating and voting on laws that affect you, your family and your community. Doesn’t that make you feel empowered?
Now imagine that your best mate said “Look you’re not really clever enough to be in Parliament but I am and as your best mate you can trust me, so get me in there and I’ll fight as your champion.” Then, you find out that your mate has lied to you. She or he is a Control Freak – whose real intention is to feather his/her own nest and pass laws to get control over you. How does that make you feel?
First thing I’d do is get a different mate. Then it happens again and again.
This is the inherent fault of modern Party Politics – even if your mate meant it in the first place she gets sucked into the machine, has to consider the good of the party and is trained to deceive you.
Who has a job where they can blatantly lie, steal, look after their own interests and their employer is not allowed to even think about getting rid of them for up to five years?
None of us, but professional politicians think they do and do their damnedest to make it a reality.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 9 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 10 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
You couldn’t make this up. We don’t need Party Politics anymore.
You are the employer. Now you can elect a person to Parliament, let them know what you want with a clear and regularly updated job description. If they don’t do it then you sack them on the spot. Fiddling expenses is subject to instant dismissal
This is not a pipedream. We are practically there now.
We already have at our fingertips:-
• Comprehensive information on exactly what is going on in Parliament. See www.parliament.uk
• A unique campaign to give everyone the chance to have a say in how our democracy works for us. See www.power2010.org.uk
• Keeping tabs on the UK’s parliament & assemblies’ see www.theyworkforyou.com This a real humdinger. If you are on the internet now please go to this one now and just put in your post code.
You can immediately find out which of your candidates has bothered to speak to the people’ Do a simple tick in the box survey on what you think on local and national issues and see the candidates’ choices and brief comments. It’s brilliant!
• Another brilliant site Getting Things Done in Your Constituency’. www.democracyclub.org.uk Democracy Club is a non-party-political group of volunteers. “At the next election, we want to hold candidates to account, and stimulate public engagement.” Simple to join and keeps you in touch.
Should you choose to elect me, and I really hope you do, my proposal is for us to set up Stevenage Referenda’ so you can tell me how to argue and vote in Parliament.
You will be voting in Parliament – not voting to put in someone, that recent history shows will probably dump on you, into Parliament.
Advantages over having a Political Party representative are:-
a) You may generally support a party policy but wish to vote differently on one of their issues.
b) If your MP was not your party of choice you still get a voice in Parliament for the next 5 years
c) You can raise your own non party issues for debate in Parliament
d) If your employee (MP) is not doing the job properly – expenses and all – then get rid of the duffer now, not later.
e) Your MP can speak openly and honestly as no need to be afraid of party spin doctors and Whips. Wouldn’t that be refreshing?
We will set up telephone voting on an 01438’ number and postal voting to enfranchise those without internet access
A call to Arms
One last shove – Your time is very precious so I don’t ask this lightly.
1. If you agree with this and are a Stevenage Voter then please do go to the Polling Station this Thursday and vote for David Cox, not a Politician. Next please click Forward To’ and send a copy to three more Stevenage Voters
2. If you agree with this and are not a Stevenage Voter then please do go to the Polling Station this Thursday and vote for an Independent Candidate Next click Forward To’ and send a copy to three Stevenage Voters or to three people who may have an Independent Candidate
3. If you do not agree with this then please allow me to at least thank you for having an open mind and reading this far.
Finally : So what about David Cox and his political views? Exactly so what?’ Makes no difference, it’s YOU that I would be working for if you trust me with YOUR VOTE on Thursday 6th May 2010
If you are a glutton for punishment and would like any more news etc then you can go to David Cox Member of the Public www.davidcoxmp.co.uk
Thank you and good voting