Date set for next year’s Walsworth Festival in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
The organising committee of Hitchin’s long-running Walsworth Festival have confirmed the date of next year’s event.
The community occasion held on Walsworth Common is to be on Sunday, May 21, 2017, to run from 11am to 4pm.
The fair, which now been running for 41 years since 1974 has helped raise thousands of pounds for charity.
It is organised by volunteers and assisted by many charities and the festival is a good combination of old family fun and modern attractions.
The organising committee has now started planning this event and can already confirm veteran cars, Punch and Judy, and a local talent spot will feature on the site. A spokesman said: “It’s organised by a small band of volunteers who believe this popular event on the Walsworth calendar must continue.
You may also want to watch:
“The support of the public is very important, so put the date in your diary and have a enjoyable day out supporting this unique local charity event.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years