Darren Sarll backs Stevenage to turn good performances into wins very soon
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Darren Sarll is backing his new-look Stevenage squad to move up the table soon.
Boro may have only come away with one point against Accrington Stanley and Luton Town, who currently sit third and first respectively in League Two, but the performances have given Sarll every kind of confidence about the future.
He said: “We’ve played two of the better sides and it kind of adds to the frustration.
“But it shows that we’ve not been consistent enough and not been good enough for long enough periods.
“We’ve got a squad that is fiercely competitive with everyone fighting for places.”
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Smith, Mark McKee and Johnny Goddard were all singled out by Sarll after the Luton game with Goddard particularly impressing.
“He just gets better with each day. Monday was his worst day at training and it wasn’t poor by any stretch but he just gets better,” said the Boro boss.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
“I thought he was terrific.”