Darren Sarll backs Stevenage to turn good performances into wins very soon
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Darren Sarll is backing his new-look Stevenage squad to move up the table soon.
Boro may have only come away with one point against Accrington Stanley and Luton Town, who currently sit third and first respectively in League Two, but the performances have given Sarll every kind of confidence about the future.
He said: “We’ve played two of the better sides and it kind of adds to the frustration.
“But it shows that we’ve not been consistent enough and not been good enough for long enough periods.
“We’ve got a squad that is fiercely competitive with everyone fighting for places.”
Jonathan Smith, Mark McKee and Johnny Goddard were all singled out by Sarll after the Luton game with Goddard particularly impressing.
“He just gets better with each day. Monday was his worst day at training and it wasn’t poor by any stretch but he just gets better,” said the Boro boss.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
“I thought he was terrific.”