Dare-devil Nell set to skydive at 83
AN octogenarian is set to plunge from an aircraft this weekend to raise money in memory of her son who died of cancer. Ellen Grosvenor, who is universally known as Nell, is an 83-year-old mother of six with 22 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren. She
AN octogenarian is set to plunge from an aircraft this weekend to raise money in memory of her son who died of cancer.
Ellen Grosvenor, who is universally known as Nell, is an 83-year-old mother of six with 22 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.
She decided to do a tandem skydive in aid of Cancer Research after her 55-year-old son Tony Brosnan died of the disease last October.
She is also making the leap in memory of her late daughter-in-law Jane who was more like a daughter to her. Sadly, she died of breast cancer seven years ago.
You may also want to watch:
"I love flying but I have never parachuted before," said Nell who lives in Valley Road, Letchworth GC.
She is nervous about the leap into thin air but her doctor has passed her fit to do it and she said: "I am looking forward to it. When the man says jump, I'll jump."
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
Nell is also walking two miles a day in preparation for a big fundraising event in Fairlands Valley Park, Stevenage, in July.
She intends to join thousands of other women taking part in the 5k Race for Life raising money for cancer research.