Dancing to battle AIDS
AIDS awareness was brought to students in Comet country through a dance programme. Dance4Life – a world-wide youth project which gets young people engaged in the fight against HIV and Aids through the power of dance, music and performance – visited Fearnh
AIDS awareness was brought to students in Comet country through a dance programme.
Dance4Life - a world-wide youth project which gets young people engaged in the fight against HIV and Aids through the power of dance, music and performance - visited Fearnhill School in Letchworth and Stratton Upper School in Biggleswade.
Pupils took part in sessions including talks from people living with the HIV virus and a highly charged interactive dance lesson.
Jed Whelan, headteacher of Fearnhill School, said: "To participate in the Dance4Life initiative reflects our concern as global citizens. We hope that our efforts will help to combat the effects of HIV and Aids."
You may also want to watch:
Neil Bramwell, headteacher of Stratton Upper School, said: "This provided new opportunities for our students to learn about real HIV and Aids issues in a fun and enjoyable way."
Dance4Life, facilitated by Student Partnerships Worldwide (SPW) and supported by Durex and the Department for Inter-national Development, has been brought to the UK for the first time this year.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
Eric Levine, chief executive of SPW, said: "If we are going to win the fight against HIV and Aids, it will be young people who will lead the way.
"The Dance4Life model of using music and dance is a wonderful way to engage young people on serious issues, which we hope will spur them on to take action and join the global fight against HIV and Aids in their own communities."
For more information on Dance4Life, visit: www.dance4life.com or email: dance4life@ spw.org