Dancers sought for samba at Hitchin’s Rhythms of the World
- Credit: Archant
Fancy strutting your stuff to Brazilian beats at Hitchin’s Rhythms of the World? Here’s your chance.
Percussion troupe Garden City Samba want more dancers for their group ahead of Rhythms’ return to the town centre on August 11.
Volunteers will to take part in three workshops ahead of the festival. Both children and adults are welcome.
“So if you enjoy dancing and would like to take part in this year’s festival, then this is the perfect opportunity for you,” a spokesman for the group said. “There are a limited number of places, so book yours now.”
The deadline for booking is July 14. The workshops will be in Hitchin’s Church House on July 21 and 28, and at the Westmill Community Centre on August 4. The cost is £35 for adults, or £20 for children aged seven to 15.
You may also want to watch:
The group also run weekly dance and drum classes on Tuesday nights, with free taster sessions available.
To find out more, see gardencitysamba.com.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'