Dance troupe jumping for joy at Stevenage Day launch
- Credit: Archant
A DANCE troupe was jumping for joy as this year’s date was announced for a family fun day.
Street dancers The Unknown joined Stevenage mayor John Lloyd and borough councillor Howard Burrell for the launch of Stevenage Day last week.
Last year’s free community event had to be postponed until August due to bad weather but the 2013 date has been set for Sunday, June 9.
A surprise headline act will be announced to join a wide variety of performers – including The Unknown – showing off their talents at King George V Playing Fields.
More than 200 stalls are also expected on the day, with food and drink on offer from around the world.
You may also want to watch:
“Stevenage Day is back to celebrate all that’s wonderful about our town, so it’s time to get the date in the diary for a fabulous free day out for the whole family,” said councillor Howard Burrell, executive member for children and young people, culture, sport and leisure.
“This year’s schedule is already shaping up to promise great entertainment and attractions for everyone to enjoy and we’d like to encourage local community groups, musicians and performers to get involved in making this year’s event bigger and better than ever.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
For those who are interested in performing on the day or would like to support the event email firstname.lastname@example.org