Dance school’s Knebworth summer ball raises £500 for Kidney Research UK
A dance school’s summer ball has raised £500 for the charity Kidney Research UK.
Dance-Beat, which holds classes in Stevenage, Hitchin and Arlesey, held its end of term summer ball at Knebworth Village Hall last Saturday for the dance school’s pupils, friends and family members.
The fun-filled evening included games, glitter tattoos, a photo booth, raffle and quiz. There was, of course, also a lot of dancing, including an adult dance competition.
Dance teacher Laura Davies said: “Thank you to everyone who gave raffle prizes, bought tickets for the event, bought raffle tickets and gave donations.
“We are so pleased we managed to raise £500 for Kidney Research Uk, which is a charity that has supported our family members. “It’s a much larger sum of money than we ever thought we would raise.”
You may also want to watch:
For more about Dance-Beat, which is offering dance workshops over the summer, visit dance-beat.co.uk
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction