Shefford curry house brings home national award
- Credit: Archant
A Shefford curry house has won big at the Euro Asia Curry Awards, bringing home the Chef of the Year award.
Owner Sumon Ahmed Chowdihury brought home the award for Dalchini Spice following the ceremony in London.
This comes following previous award succeses for the Indian restaurant based in Southbridge Street.
Sumon told the Comet: "It makes the staff and myself work harder to receive more.
"We've been recognised by so many different bodies and its giving us more encouragement to work harder. This recent award is a big achievement!"
You may also want to watch:
The Euro Asia Curry Awards is an annual ceremony dedicated to celebrating the success of the curry industry.
Dalchini Spice took part in the Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg last year, having been shortlisted following The Premier Chef competition.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
It also received a hygiene rating of 5 - the highest available - from Central Bedfordshire Council this year.