Shefford curry house brings home national award
- Credit: Archant
A Shefford curry house has won big at the Euro Asia Curry Awards, bringing home the Chef of the Year award.
Owner Sumon Ahmed Chowdihury brought home the award for Dalchini Spice following the ceremony in London.
This comes following previous award succeses for the Indian restaurant based in Southbridge Street.
Sumon told the Comet: "It makes the staff and myself work harder to receive more.
"We've been recognised by so many different bodies and its giving us more encouragement to work harder. This recent award is a big achievement!"
The Euro Asia Curry Awards is an annual ceremony dedicated to celebrating the success of the curry industry.
Dalchini Spice took part in the Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg last year, having been shortlisted following The Premier Chef competition.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 4 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 5 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
It also received a hygiene rating of 5 - the highest available - from Central Bedfordshire Council this year.