Cyclists warned after series of Hitchin bike thefts
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging cyclists to secure their bikes after a series of thefts in Hitchin.
Bikes have been stolen from Bancroft, Bucklersbury, Cooks Way, Old Charlton Road, Fishponds Road, Walsworth Road, Nightingale Road, High Street, North Place, St Andrews Place and London Road between May 7-27.
Investigating officer Sergeant Guy Westwood, said: “We are currently following a line of inquiry that these thefts are linked and are doing everything we can to put a stop to it.
“If you have seen someone acting suspiciously, if you have been offered a bike for sale or if you have an idea who could be responsible for these thefts, please get in touch as soon as possible.”
Bikes can be registered on www.immobilise.com, a free online property database which police use to check stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sergeant Westwood via the non-emergency number 101, citing crime reference number G1/14/1132. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 8 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed