Cyclists’ tireless ambassador
A WOMAN has been named volunteer of the year for the East of England, by a cycling organisation. Tina Walker, 44, of Broadwater in Stevenage, said she was surprised and delighted to have won the award organised by CTC – a charitable trust which works to p
A WOMAN has been named volunteer of the year for the East of England, by a cycling organisation.
Tina Walker, 44, of Broadwater in Stevenage, said she was surprised and delighted to have won the award organised by CTC - a charitable trust which works to promote cycling.
She has lived in Stevenage since 1987 and is one of the reasons why the town's CTC cycling group has become so popular in the last few years.
As well as her tireless work on behalf of cyclists in the Stevenage area, Tina has two school-age sons and runs her own technical writing business.
You may also want to watch:
Tina said: "I am very pleased and surprised to say the least. I simply do the things that I enjoy, getting beginners and others out cycling is just so important for so many reasons... fun, health, wealth, and keeping the planet!"
Tina started volunteering because she wanted to take her children on rides where they
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
could learn to cycle on the road properly and meet others doing the same.
Chair of CTC Council Jill Kieran said: "The contribution made by volunteers on behalf of their fellow cyclists is remarkable, without them so much of what we do would not be possible."
Visit www.stevenagectc.info for more information.