Cyclists of all ages descend on Biggleswade sports ground for Go-Ride Racing Session
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists of all ages descended on Fairfield Sports Ground on Saturday for a fun-filled Go-Ride Racing Session.
The British Cycling event – which is backed by darlings of British cycling Jason Kenny and Laura Trott – saw young and old taking part in Biggleswade.
As well as keenly fought Endurance League events, which are qualifiers for the national cycling leagues, there were plenty of races for the kids to get stuck into.
The event was organised by Max and Sandra Pendleton – who are the parents of Olympic Gold Medal winning track cyclist and Stotfold woman Victoria Pendleton – along with Des Ball.
Max said: “The competition took place in superb conditions, thanks to the regular rain and dedicated grounds staff.
You may also want to watch:
“We had more than 60 riders hailing from London, Lincoln, Essex and Penrith – as well as a strong local contingent.
“Overall it was a great and dry day’s competition with riders ranging in age from five to 50 enjoying the competition.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed