Customer complains after Stevenage Burger King serves dead beetle in meal

PUBLISHED: 08:34 05 September 2014

The beetle Sirichai found in his burger

The beetle Sirichai found in his burger

Archant

A man has claimed he almost ate a dead beetle for breakfast after finding the critter in his burger.

Sirichai Geurrini noticed the bug after stopping for a snack at Burger King in Stevenage town centre on Monday.

The Essex-based engineer said: “I was absolultely horrified. If I had taken another bite it would have been my breakfast.

“I’m disgusted. I felt so ill when I left. I just couldn’t believe they had served me my meal with that inside it.

“I told the workers behind the counter what had happened and they just carried on serving – it was like they didn’t even care.

“This has put me right off. It will be a long time before I stop off for some food there again.”

A spokesman for Burger King said: “Food safety and hygiene are a top priority at Burger King restaurants.

“We take this matter very seriously and are currently investigating the incident that allegedly took place at the Stevenage Burger King restaurant, which is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. We have not received any additional reports of this nature.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the The Comet

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists