Customer complains after Stevenage Burger King serves dead beetle in meal
- Credit: Archant
A man has claimed he almost ate a dead beetle for breakfast after finding the critter in his burger.
Sirichai Geurrini noticed the bug after stopping for a snack at Burger King in Stevenage town centre on Monday.
The Essex-based engineer said: “I was absolultely horrified. If I had taken another bite it would have been my breakfast.
“I’m disgusted. I felt so ill when I left. I just couldn’t believe they had served me my meal with that inside it.
“I told the workers behind the counter what had happened and they just carried on serving – it was like they didn’t even care.
You may also want to watch:
“This has put me right off. It will be a long time before I stop off for some food there again.”
A spokesman for Burger King said: “Food safety and hygiene are a top priority at Burger King restaurants.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
“We take this matter very seriously and are currently investigating the incident that allegedly took place at the Stevenage Burger King restaurant, which is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. We have not received any additional reports of this nature.”