NEW Year s Eve is always a double celebration for Stan and Peg Morris. The couple married on that day 50 years ago. Stan s sister was friends with Peg and that is how they met. Stan, 75, said: She was a pretty girl. She was blonde. I used to wolf whistl
NEW Year's Eve is always a double celebration for Stan and Peg Morris. The couple married on that day 50 years ago.
Stan's sister was friends with Peg and that is how they met. Stan, 75, said: "She was a pretty girl. She was blonde. I used to wolf whistle at her."
Back then they both lived in Harrow-on-the-Hill. Stan lived at the top of the hill and Peg, 72, lived at the bottom so when they decided to get married they chose a church half way up the hill.
Last week the couple went back to the church they married in to have a blessing. He said: "The church hadn't changed at all. It was fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
Two years after the pair married they moved to Stevenage where they have lived, in the same house in Burydale, ever since. They have four children Gary, Glen, Graham and Gaynor, eight grandchildren and five great grandchildren.
Stan said his marriage has remained happy for so long because of his wonderful family.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
He said: "I always say your family should be your best friends. That is what keeps us together.