Cue the music, here’s a quiz for a good cause... Sign up now to support North Herts Citizens Advice fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
If you know your Major Toms from your major fifths and can tell the difference between the Searchers and the Seekers, there’s a quiz coming up that’s right up your musical street.
And the event being organised by Citizens Advice North Herts aims to put cash in the coffers of the organisation which harnesses the skills of experts and the efforts of volunteers to help restore some harmony to troubled lives or get discordant finances back in tune.
Organisers are billing it as the ultimate music quiz – ‘an evening where we test your knowledge across all genres of music, with a focus on the last 60 years from the swinging Sixties to today.’
Research and campaigns coordinator Cath Bennett said: “There will be quickfire questions, a beat the intro challenge and picture and mystery rounds along the way.
“We’ll work your music brain and play some great music for a truly entertaining evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The date set aside for the big event is Saturday, March 19 with a 7.30pm start. Cath added: “We’re hoping to raise a large sum of money to help fund our move to new premises in Station Road, Letchworth.”
Tickets have to be bought in advance and cost £10, including a hot supper.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
There will be a cash bar and raffle, and you don’t need to worry about making up a team as organisers can put you into a group on the night.
If you’d like to reserve a ticket or donate a raffle prize, contact Cath (01462 688019, email email@example.com).
Citizens Advice North Herts is moving to a new base so it can can provide more space for waiting rooms, interview rooms and increased resources for training volunteers who make up 70 per cent of the workforce, dealing with a wide range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing.
Each year the North Herts team helps around 4,500 clients, one in three of whom are disabled or have a long term health condition. Demand for their services has increased by 30 per cent over the past two years.
If you’d like to get involved with fundraising to support that work visit www.northhertscab.org.uk to find out more.