Crowdfund bid to boost pioneering Hitchin charity shop as TV star waits in the wings
- Credit: Archant
A charity which is planning to open a pioneering vegan charity shop has launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise the cash which will kit it out.
The Hitchin-based Dr Hadwen Trust, the UK’s leading charity funding medical research without using animals, aims to open the shop in Churchyard, not far from its Portmill Lane HQ, next month.
Supporters are being invited to pledge anything from £1 which will buy 10 coat hangers to £1,000 which rewards the pledger with a VIP invitation to the shop opening and a hug from Naomi the shop manager.
The official opening ceremony, planned for Saturday, August 15, will be performed by Downton Abbey’s Peter Egan, the charity’s patron.
Group head of operations Dr Kay Miller said: “We are giving our supporters an opportunity to make history by supporting the opening of our first charity shop.
You may also want to watch:
“Crowdfunding will help to off-set the costs of setting up the shop to allow more funds to go towards funding cruelty-free, human relevant research.”
You can find out more online at www.drhadwentrust.org.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision