Critical care unit opens at Stevenage Hospital
THE CRITICAL care unit opened at the Lister on Monday as the first stage of building work was complete.
Over the next four weeks, this new unit will house the hospital’s former intensive care department as that undergoes refurbishment.
All work on this �2m project is due to be completed on December 1 when the citical care service at the Lister will encompass both the intensive care and high dependency units – with 20 beds available for patients.
Dr Pin Patel, one of East and North Herts Trust’s specialist critical care consultants, said: “We are seeing an increase in the admission of sick patients requiring critical care, who undoubtedly will benefit from our new unit that – with its state-of-the-art facilities – will potentially save more lives.
“With work on our new �2m critical care service now almost complete, we’re delighted to be able to open the first phase, with the rest of the unit coming on stream just a few weeks later on December 1.
You may also want to watch:
“This will enable the Lister critical care service, which will provide both intensive and high-dependency level care, the ability to use its beds flexibly to meet the clinical needs of patients on any given day – something that at times has proven difficult with the current service arrangements.
“The new unit also has improved facilities for our staff, as well as those visiting their loved ones.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth