Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assisting offenders in relation to the death of Christopher Hewett in Stevenage.
19-year-old Ryan Lee, of Wildwood Lane in the town, was charged with assisting offenders by detectives yesterday (Monday, February 22).
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court for a pre-trial plea hearing on Monday, March 29.
Christopher died after sustaining stab wounds during an incident in Meadow Way, on the evening of Friday, February 12.
Two people, a 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder, but has since been released on investigation. A 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assisting offenders and has also been released under investigation.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact the non-emergency 101 number, citing Operation Mantle.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 8 New woodland 'vital for wildlife and people' in Letchworth
- 9 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 10 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery