Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assisting offenders in relation to the death of Christopher Hewett in Stevenage.
19-year-old Ryan Lee, of Wildwood Lane in the town, was charged with assisting offenders by detectives yesterday (Monday, February 22).
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court for a pre-trial plea hearing on Monday, March 29.
Christopher died after sustaining stab wounds during an incident in Meadow Way, on the evening of Friday, February 12.
Two people, a 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder, but has since been released on investigation. A 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assisting offenders and has also been released under investigation.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact the non-emergency 101 number, citing Operation Mantle.
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 7 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 8 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 9 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 10 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham