ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- Credit: Archant
An ATM was stolen and a significant amount of damage caused during a ram raid at Costcutter in Baldock.
Police were called in the early hours of this morning at around 12.15am to reports of a burglary at the shop in High Street.
After raiding the shop, suspects made off with an ATM and fled in two vehicles - a black Audi and a Ford Focus ST.A Land Rover was left at the scene.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward and are also asking people with any CCTV or mobile phone footage to get in touch.
Detective Constable Beth Talbot, from the North Herts Local Crime Unit, said: “Our enquiries are continuing to trace those involved in the burglary.
"We are aware of footage circulating online of the incident and would ask anyone who has this to please contact us directly via email. This could greatly assist our ongoing enquiries.
“We’d also like to hear from anyone else who may have information which could be relevant to the investigation.”
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 3 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 4 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 9 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
Anyone with information is asked to please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/3468/22.