Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- Credit: South Cambs Police
Two people have been arrested after police conducted a drugs raid in a residential road in Bassingbourn-cum-Kneesworth earlier today.
Officers raided the property in The Causeway under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Inside the home they found suspected drugs, paraphernalia and a number of mobile phones.
A 20-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl were arrested on suspicion of drug offences and taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station, where they remain in police custody.
Sergeant Rob Taylor, of the South Cambs Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “Drugs can have a devastating impact on communities, often going hand in hand with other types of criminality.
You may also want to watch:
“I would encourage anybody who suspects illegal drug activity in their area to get in touch with us.”
Information about illegal drug activity can be reported here https://bit.ly/3oOXXim.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled