Man arrested after Stevenage police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a police chase in Stevenage this afternoon.
Police identified a 'vehicle of interest' that was travelling through the town at around 1.30pm, today.
The vehicle made off, before being brought to a controlled stop in Broadhall Way.
One man has been arrested, and remains in police custody at this time. There are no reports of any injuries or casualties at present.
The dual carriage way near The Lamex Stadium remains closed at this time.
Stevenage Police tweeted: "Broadhall Way in Stevenage has been closed, after officers brought the vehicle pursuit to a quick and safe conclusion.
"Part of the roundabout at Broadhall Way/Monkswood Way junction is also closed.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 3 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'wonderful and caring' husband and father
- 6 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 New dad welcomes baby amid brain tumour treatment
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
"Please avoid the area while we deal with the incident."