Man arrested after Stevenage police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a police chase in Stevenage this afternoon.
Police identified a 'vehicle of interest' that was travelling through the town at around 1.30pm, today.
The vehicle made off, before being brought to a controlled stop in Broadhall Way.
One man has been arrested, and remains in police custody at this time. There are no reports of any injuries or casualties at present.
The dual carriage way near The Lamex Stadium remains closed at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Police tweeted: "Broadhall Way in Stevenage has been closed, after officers brought the vehicle pursuit to a quick and safe conclusion.
"Part of the roundabout at Broadhall Way/Monkswood Way junction is also closed.
- 1 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 2 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 6 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 9 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 10 Resident calls for brighter street lights after 'shocking' fall leaves her seeking hospital treatment
"Please avoid the area while we deal with the incident."