Letchworth 26-year-old pleads guilty after police drugs raid
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A 26-year-old has admitted to cultivating cannabis - following his arrest during a Letchworth drugs bust.
Olsi Dalipaj, of Swanstand, appeared at Hatfield Remand Court via live link on Wednesday and indicated a guilty plea.
More than 350 cannabis plants were seized following a police raid on the Swanstand home on Tuesday last week.
Acting on intelligence, officers from Herts police’s Operational Support Group - supported by local Operation Scorpion officers - raided the address at around midday.
Dalipaj was arrested on the scene and subsequently charged with being involved in the production of cannabis, a class B drug.
He was remanded in custody on the grounds that he is in the country illegally and has no community ties.
The case has now been sent to St Albans Crown Court, and sentencing is due to take place on November 19.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 4 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 5 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court