CCTV released after High Street shop targeted in armed robbery
- Credit: Beds Police
A Bedfordshire village store was targeted by an armed robber last weekend, with cash and goods being stolen.
At around 7.20pm on Saturday, December 12, a man entered a shop in High Street, Meppershall and threatened the store worker, showing her a red handled knife he was carrying in his waistband.
He demanded money before making off towards Shefford with around £700 worth of cash and goods.
Now, Beds Police have issued a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak with in connection with this incident.
PC Shauna Brown investigating said: “This was a scary incident for the store worker and we are keen to hear from anyone who has any information that could assist our enquiries.
"We won’t tolerate people inflicting fear for others, especially for their own gain.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the online reporting tool at www.bedfordshire.police.uk/report or by calling 101 quoting reference 40/67054/20.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe