Letchworth: Man 'tried to enter house' after car break-in
- Credit: Hertfordshire Constabulary
A man who reportedly broke into a car was caught on camera allegedly trying to enter a home in Letchworth.
At around 12.25am on Saturday, May 7, a vehicle was broken into outside a property in Highfield.
A wad of cash and an old key were stolen from the car, and police officers believe the key was later used in an attempt to gain entry to the property.
CCTV captured a man trying to open the front door with the key he had allegedly taken.
When this attempt was unsuccessful, the suspect fled the area.
A Hertfordshire Police spokesperson said: "Police are currently investigating following an incident in Letchworth Garden City.
"At around 12.25am on Tuesday, May 7, a vehicle parked in Highfield was broken into.
- 1 92-year-old Stevenage woman hit over the head during attack in her own home
- 2 Gas leak in Stevenage after Almonds Lane wall fire
- 3 A complete guide to June's National Rail strikes in Hertfordshire
- 4 Work begins on new Stevenage play area
- 5 Harry Styles pictured in Hitchin pool in first-look images from new Amazon Prime Video movie My Policeman
- 6 Builder fraudulently charged customer £5,400 instead of £60
- 7 Smart car rolled in Stevenage crash
- 8 Care home to reopen under new management after revamp
- 9 Letchworth organisers pull out all the stops for Armed Forces Day 2022
- 10 Max Clark makes six as Stevenage add another new face
"Cash was stolen from within, along with an old key.
"The suspect subsequently attempted to use the key to enter an address, but was unsuccessful.
"He then fled the area.
"Enquiries are continuing at this time."