Man arrested after assault outside Stevenage shops
- Credit: Google Street View
Following an assault in Stevenage at the weekend, police are appealing for people who may have witnessed the incident to come forward.
At around 7.15pm on Saturday, September 4, a man was allegedly assaulted by another man by the parking bays at Marymead shops in Broadwater Crescent.
The victim suffered bruising to his left arm.
A 38-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and has been released on bail while enquiries continue.
DC Paul Fletcher, who is investigating, said: “Were you in and around the Marymead shops on Saturday evening? If you saw this incident or events leading up to it then I’d like to hear from you.
“Similarly, if you have CCTV which covers the area and caught footage which would be of interest to the investigation then please also get in touch."
Alternatively, you can stay anonymous by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 9 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
- 10 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening