Man charged in connection with petrol station robbery
- Credit: PA
A man from Hitchin has been charged following a petrol station robbery in the town last month.
Paul Mulroy, of Freemans Close, was arrested on Friday, March 26, following an extensive police investigation and subsequently charged with robbery.
The 25-year-old appeared at Hatfield Magistrates' Court on Saturday, March 27, where he was remanded in custody until his next court appearance on April 26.
Armed police had responded to reports of a robbery at the Shell petrol station on Bedford Road in Hitchin on the afternoon of Saturday, February 27.
DC Nathalia Smith from the North Herts Local Crime Unit, who led the investigation, said: “We know reports of robberies are frightening and our team has been working hard on this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Mulroy has been remanded in custody following a hearing at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court and I hope this news is reassuring to local residents.”
- 1 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 2 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Resident calls for brighter street lights after 'shocking' fall leaves her seeking hospital treatment
- 7 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 8 Letchworth teachers begin six-day strike over pension scheme withdrawal
- 9 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem