Man reportedly 'exposed himself' in front of 14-year-old girl on Thameslink train
- Credit: Joe Giddens/PA
A man reportedly "exposed himself" in front of a 14-year-old girl and her mother on a train between Gatwick Airport and Hitchin.
British Transport Police has launched an investigation into the incident, which is thought to have taken place at around 7pm on Saturday, August 27.
A police spokesperson: "A man sat near a 14-year-old girl and her mother on board the train.
"During the journey the man exposed himself inappropriately to the 14-year-old girl while staring at her.
"The victim’s mother confronted the man, who then got up and walked away."
Police have released a picture of a person they would like to speak to in connection with the incident. He was on board the Hitchin-bound train and may be able to help with their investigation.
The BTP spokesperson added that anybody with information can contact the force by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 548 of August 27.
- 1 Possible changes to bin collections in North Herts
- 2 Stevenage Charter Fair returns this week
- 3 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 4 Man reportedly 'exposed himself' in front of 14-year-old girl on Thameslink train
- 5 'Terrible' oil spill in Hitchin river causes multiple bird deaths
- 6 Arlesey animal rescue's bid to stay open with charity Oktoberfest
- 7 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
- 8 Strike to hit Thameslink on bumper day for Premier League football
- 9 Plans for more flats in Stevenage Old Town
- 10 Throw it away? No way! Booking open for Hitchin Repair Café
Reports can also be made 100 per cent anonymously via CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.