Teenagers among those arrested in connection with Stevenage murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Four people, including three teenagers, have been arrested in connection with a killing in Stevenage.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday and remains in custody.
Three others, a 15-year-old boy, 17-year-old boy and 41-year-old man were also arrested today and are currently in custody.
Police were called to Meadow Way at 9.15pm on Friday, February 12 in relation to concerns for the welfare of a 31-year-old man from Stevenage.
Paramedics took him to Lister Hospital, where he was sadly pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Detective Inspector Justine Jenkins from the BCH Major Crime Unit said: “We have made a number of arrests, but as we pursue lines of enquiry we are also appealing for any witnesses or anyone who has information about what happened to contact us.
“We are in the early stages of this investigation and extensive enquiries are being carried out to help establish the sequence of events before and after the incident.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator via online webchat or call the non-emergency 101 number, quoting Operation Mantle.