Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- Credit: Archant
Extensive damage has been caused to a Stevenage salon during a burglary, where a small amount of cash was stolen.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the incident at Envi-Ous in Mobbsbury Way.
At around 5am on Saturday, January, 2 entry was forced to Envi-Ous, causing extensive damage to a fire door.
PC Lilly Brown, who is investigating, said: “While the culprit only managed to get away with a small amount of cash, the salon owner has been left with a hefty bill to repair the damage, at what is already a very difficult time for the industry.
“Our enquiries have led us to believe that the offender left the scene on a bike. I am therefore appealing for anyone who may have seen someone on a bike in the area around the time stated to please get in touch.
"I would also like to hear from anyone who may have any other information which could assist our enquiries.”
Anyone with information is asked to please email email@example.com.
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator via our online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/321/21.
Alternatively, you can stay anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Funeral organiser fined £10,000 after more than 150 people attend
- 2 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 3 Abandoned car that made international headlines set to be scrapped
- 4 Police confirm investigation into alleged Morrisons spitting incident
- 5 Police attend Arlesey funeral after COVID-19 guidelines breached
- 6 Foodbank thanks public for donations as demand 'grows tremendously'
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 Hitchin Pride, Eat Alfresco and more - What's on in Hitchin when COVID-19 restrictions end?
- 9 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 10 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon