Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- Credit: Archant
Extensive damage has been caused to a Stevenage salon during a burglary, where a small amount of cash was stolen.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the incident at Envi-Ous in Mobbsbury Way.
At around 5am on Saturday, January, 2 entry was forced to Envi-Ous, causing extensive damage to a fire door.
PC Lilly Brown, who is investigating, said: “While the culprit only managed to get away with a small amount of cash, the salon owner has been left with a hefty bill to repair the damage, at what is already a very difficult time for the industry.
“Our enquiries have led us to believe that the offender left the scene on a bike. I am therefore appealing for anyone who may have seen someone on a bike in the area around the time stated to please get in touch.
"I would also like to hear from anyone who may have any other information which could assist our enquiries.”
Anyone with information is asked to please email email@example.com.
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator via our online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/321/21.
Alternatively, you can stay anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation