Crimestoppers ad van to visit Hitchin, Letchworth and Baldock as public encouraged to speak up
- Credit: Archant
Crimestoppers is sending an ad van to Hitchin, Letchworth and Baldock tomorrow to encourage members of the public to speak up about criminal activity.
The ad van provides the public with the contact details for Crimestoppers in different languages, including Polish, Romanian, Portuguese, Urdu, Hindi and English, and appeals to members of the public that know who is responsible for crime in their community, but don’t want to go to the police, to contact Crimestoppers anonymously.
The charity issues rewards of up to £1,000 for information they receive which leads to an arrest and charge.
Antonia Litten, eastern regional manager for Crimestoppers, said: “Some people, for whatever reason, don’t feel comfortable speaking to the police. It may be that they have information on someone close to them but they fear the repercussions or it could be that they don’t want to give a witness statement or go to court.
“But they may have vital information about crime and it’s essential that they feel they can pass that on to someone.
You may also want to watch:
“Crimestoppers takes the fear out of giving information on crime. We don’t take your personal details and we can’t trace the information you give by phone or online. You won’t have to give a witness statement to the police and you will not be asked to attend court.”
Herts police and crime commissioner David Lloyd added: “We want the residents of Hertfordshire to feel empowered to stand up to criminals and speak out if they have information or concerns about crime without having to give any personal details. This can help to make our communities an even safer place to live.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
The van, which has been touring the county this week, will be in Hitchin town centre tomorrow from 9am to 12 noon, before heading to Letchworth town centre between 1pm and 2.30pm, and Baldock town centre from 3pm to 5pm.
If you have any information, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org/give-info.