No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- Credit: Herts police
A teenager arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage will have no further action taken against him.
The 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was one of three teens arrested and bailed in connection with the death of Christopher Hewett earlier this year.
The 31-year-old died following an incident in Meadow Way, which occurred around 9.15pm on Friday, February 12.
A 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy, who also cannot be named for legal reasons, have been charged with murder and remain in custody awaiting trial.
Ryan Lee, aged 19, of Wildwood Lane, Stevenage has been charged with assisting offenders and is on bail awaiting trial.
Two other men arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender will face no further action.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash