Cricketing legend visits village pub for cancer cause
- Credit: Archant
An event which featured a cricketing legend raised almost £7,000 for a cancer charity.
Guests at The Fox, Willian, were treated to an evening of stories about cricketers past and present and an insight into this summer’s Ashes series from BBC Radio Test Match Special commentator Henry Blofeld.
The money, which was raised for The Defence Against Cancer Foundation, came following ticket sales and an auction while Heineken, suppliers to The Fox, raised another £405 to the total from a separate event.
James Nye, managing director of ACInns said: “I am very impressed at the great support and generosity of everyone who attended our charity event at The Fox across the board from customers and suppliers.
“It was my main aim from the evening and I feel we have highlighted and raised awareness of the ground breaking work that this charity is doing for research into cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
Geraldine Howard, co-founder and president Aromatherapy Associates, who lives in Hitchin, has recently undergone pioneering treatment for cancer.
In support of the charity she has created an inner strength bath and shower oil, which is helping raise funds.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
A total of 10% of all proceeds of this bath and shower oil will be donated to the charity.
For more information visit www.aromatherapyassociates.com/inner-strength-bath-shower-oil.html