Creme eggs banned as Hitchin’s Alexa aims for Miss Universe title
- Credit: Archant
A part-time night nanny and model from Hitchin has won herself a place in a renowned beauty pageant.
Alexa Taylor, from Ickleford Road, has been modelling for the last few years but didn’t quite have the confidence to enter herself for the Miss Universe pageant until her sister Siobhan Taylor encouraged her to go for it.
Alexa, 24, is getting into shape for next month’s final with help from personal trainer Karen Parnell.
She is also taking part in bridal shoots with her sponsor Morgan Davies and fundraising for the Strongbones Children’s Charitable Trust which supports the families of children who have disorders of the bone.
She is facing up to a personal challenge in the run-up to the final after banning all her favourite chocolate treats.
You may also want to watch:
She told the Comet: “I’m a huge fan of creme eggs but I stopped eating them after Easter to shape up for the final.
“It’s hard as I’m missing them but I’m determined to do my best – and also to raise as much money as I can for Strongbones which is a great charity helping so many brave youngsters and their families.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
“As Hitchin is such a community-minded town it would be great to get everyone behind me to sponsor me.
“If people would like to keep up to date with my progress I’ve also got a dedicated Facebook page called Alexa Taylor.
“I’m so excited to be able to call myself a Miss Universe GB finalist, it’s already proving to be an amazing adventure.
“I can’t believe I got into the final after just one interview!
“It’s not just about looking pretty on stage – it’s about empowerment and I hope to do my best at showing other girls anything is possible.
“I’m also very excited about appearing in the Comet!”
At the final at the end of June in Cardiff Alexa will be up against around 40 other hopefuls.
She will have to tackle a series of activities over the final weekend including an empowerment day, a swimwear photoshoot and celebratory dinner with family and friends.
There will be swimwear and evening gown rounds as well as a one to one interview with the judges.